Trustcare takes the following measures to ensure the accessibility of our website:
- Employ formal accessibility, quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines designers' and developers' requirements to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Trustcare is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of our website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Trustcare:
- Phone: 0300 777 2777
- Contact Trustcare by email
- Postal address: Sale Point, Washway Road, Sale M33 6AG
- Trustcare Twitter
- Trustcare Facebook
We aim to respond to feedback within two working days.
Trustcare website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome with the NVDA screen reader extension on Windows
Trustcare website is not compatible with:
- Internet Explorer versions earlier than 7
Accessibility of Trustcare website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Trustcare website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Trustcare website:
- Dropdown menu text is hard to read when hovering over it due to the text colour not contrasting against the background. This makes it difficult to read for many users.
- Not all areas of the navigation can be navigated using a keyboard. This makes moving around the website hard for users who depend on keyboard navigation.
- It's not clear when a menu has a dropdown menu as there is no indicator.
2. Banner carousel
- Banner carousel doesn't offer appropriate controls to navigate slides when using a keyboard to navigate.
- Page indicators can't be navigated with the keyboard.
- Navigating to buttons in banner carousel can cause the layout to shift.
- Banner carousel animations and auto sliding cannot be turned off, making it difficult to use for some users.
3. Collapsible sections
- The clickable area to open collapsible sections is quite small and difficult to click.
- The icon for these sections isn't easily clickable.
4. Page content
- Some decorative images have alternative text which isn't needed. This may slow down reading time for users of screen readers.
5. Colour contrast
- Some colours on the website do not contrast well against their background. This may make it hard for some users to read the text.
Trustcare assessed the accessibility of our website by the following approaches:
- Lighthouse browser automated test
This Accessibility Statement is approved by: Trafford Housing Trust - John Slater, UX Designer on 18th December 2020.
The best way to tell us if you're unhappy is to email us through our online form. If you can't email, then you can call our Customer Service Team on 0300 777 2777.