Senior Care Assistant Job Description
£20,281.69 p/a + travel and mileage + extensive benefits
We're looking for Senior Care Assistants to join us and manage a small team of carers in the community and schemes to deliver the best possible care and support to people living in their own homes.
As a Senior Carer, you'll need to have experience in:
- carrying out assessments
- creating person-centred care packages
- prioritising and scheduling customer visits
- working with extended care networks, including families, GP's and social workers
In addition, you'll also work directly with customers and carry out around 10 hours of homecare each week and will need to have full driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- supporting, mentoring and managing a team of community carers to deliver quality person-centred in-home care
- communicating with staff, senior staff, service users and Trafford Council
- working closely with the Care Service Manager to effectively run the Trustcare homecare offer, compliant with CQC standards
- developing personalised care plans and arrange staff rotas as well as planning team meetings
- ensuring that the delivery of care is cost and time effective
- supervising new starters and covering care work where necessary
- ensuring customer visits are adequately covered, identify improvements and pre-empt recruitment needs
- attending weekly reviews with service users
- maintaining the internal administrative system and ensure that client records are up-to-date
- participating in the on-call rota
We encourage a healthy work/life balance with family-friendly policies. We offer an attractive benefits package for employees and a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward.
These benefits include:
- 39 days paid annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Access to Westfield Health Plan
- Pension scheme
- Tax free childcare
- DBS check
- Full paid gym, swim and class membership at all Trafford leisure facilities
We're actively building diverse teams and encourage applications from everybody. We want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities we serve.
We also offer up to £200 if you refer someone we then employ in a care role.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now by completing the form or for more information, please contact Rachael Hotchin on 0161 968 0374.